20070514

Listening Assignments 5.14.07


1. Madeleine Peyroux - Don't Wait Too Long - The ultimate sippin'-on-iced-tea-in-the-shade-and-watchin'-butterflies-frolic song. [from Careless Love|buy]

2. The Mountain Goats - Love Love Love - Something about this song always sticks with me and I can never put my finger on it. Maybe I just love love love the way John Darnielle delivers this vocal with subtle reverence, the historical references, the depth despite the simplicity. [from The Sunset Tree|buy]

3. Dear and the Headlights - Happy In Love - I like songs that go somewhere, like a dynamic character in a novel. In the last 5 seconds, I like smiling to myself, happy I listened. [from Small Steps, Heavy Hooves|buy]

4. The Little Ones - Oh MJ! - Slightly atmospheric (thank you, delay pedal!) happy indie-rock on Astralwerks. It'll make you feel good. It just might move that booty. [from Sing Song|buy] [thanks for the reminder skye]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely selection of songs. Thank you.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home