20070529

A Rant and a Song


1. My new phone is the hottness. I got a Sprint Upstage, a new mp3/multimedia phone with two sides and a touch screen-ish thing. I think I'm in love.

2. I'm sorry if this bursts your bubble, but I thought Pirates of the Caribbean 3 sucked. Suckage is all relative, it was of course better than something like Music & Lyrics, but I guess I'm just never going to stop getting disappointed when something has potential and ridiculous hype and instead of sticking to the things that made the first movie good and interesting, they go the route of every other sequel ever made by spending way too much money on FX instead of, I don't know, writing a good script with, I don't know, some originality, instead of 2.65 hours of predictable har-har jokes and a bunch of plotlines that amount to nothing when it comes down to it. And that was a really long sentence.

3. I didn't mention it, but I followed American Idol all season, the first time I've ever done such a thing. I'm not even going to lie, I was totally into it but some of the decisions that were consistently made baffled me. 61-year old Bette Midler singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" at the 1:40 mark of the Finale? Seriously? Why do they insist on throwing up old stars (a la Barry Gibb) who can't sing anymore to waste 5 minutes of my life? Thank God for Tivo. Thank you lords of DVR technology.

4. I'm seeing the Damnwells tonight and you (most likely) are not. This is unfortunate, but I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

5. And before that, I'll be at Busch Gardens all day riding the Griffon. And unable to post music. So instead (for the very first time ever), I'll just throw up this live demo of my newest song. I aim to record it with a full piano arrangement instead of guitar, but this'll do in the interim.

Listen:
Drew Worden - I'll Fly Solo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about Pirates. The best parts of the movie involved the monkey - and for Christ's sake, even The View could make you laugh if it featured a monkey in a costume. That movie was embarrassing... just plain embarrassing. The plot was just garbage, it made no sense, and then the freaking whirlpool parachute nonsense? The whole thing made me want to poke my eyes out. I'm absolutely certain that monkey could have made a better movie if you gave him the camera and a kazoo, let alone Keira Knightley, Johnny Depp, and millions upon millions of dollars. What an incredibly underwhelming pile of crap that thing was.
Anyway, as always, I enjoy your blog, Drew. It is one of the best out there in my opinion, and not only because you're not prone to adhere to the whims of the blog community. Keep posting interesting stuff!!!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really really like the new song -Rob M

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home