20060724

7.24.06 assignments are way hot...

For serious, this is probably my favorite group of assignments this year. All four could end up in my top 15 in December.


1. Fionn Regan - Black Water Child - Immediately magnetic, this song demands to be played on repeat. This British songwriter is my newest guilty pleasure.

2. Midlake - Young Bride (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix) - The original is also incredible, but this remix was the first version I heard, so it'll be your first as well. Sampled violins, haunting vocal line. [For the first time, this week's assignments will be 5 songs because I'm also attaching the original version here. Enjoy.]

3. French Kicks - So Far We Are - Finally, this band writes something catchy and focused enough to really excite me. Totally sweet drums throughout, great vocals. You know you want to.

4. The Long Winters - Fire Island, AK - I've always loved this Seattle band. John Roderick is the quintessential classic-pop geek songwriter with a knack for cheeky dialogue. Brand spanking new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home