20061027

A Slippery Slope


When I find a stellar band (like today's featured band The Slip) or artist (John Mayer, anyone?) who has dropped out of Boston's Berklee College of Music and succeeded anyway, I always have to wonder if anyone ever actually graduates that place. And if they do, what happens? If you actually finish there, does that mean you weren't good enough to drop out and get famous earlier? Food for thought I suppose. The Slip are another one of those loose-yet-cohesive bands with really inventive and lush music. "Airplane/Primitive" reminds me of The New Radicals (remember them? great band) in a good way. I hear slivers of the most approachable Dismemberment Plan and The Secret Machines in "Even Rats." Enjoy.

Listen:
Airplane/Primitive
Even Rats
[from Eisenhower|buy]

*testing a new hosting option. let me know what you think*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home