20070226

Listening Assignments 2.26.07


1. Bright Eyes - Four Winds - Admittedly Bright Eyes has always been hit or miss to me. Probably because the vibrato always sounds so forced and I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to make their voice sound like that. That being said, this song is beautiful and upbeat and approachable and might actually get some airplay. [from Four Winds EP (out 3/6)|buy]

2. These United States - So High So Low So Wide So Long - This vocals in this one creep along on the underbelly of the music, not quite propelling it, but not dragging it down either. It's definitely a mood piece, with very good result because it's really interesting and the melody is engaging. [from The Forest and the Garden|buy]

3. The Changes - When I Wake - First off, the chorus to this song is totally incredible. The rest of the song could suck and I'd be hooked. But the rest of the song is quite enticing as well with a nice '80s vibe and a jolly little beat carrying through. [from Today is Tonight|buy]

4. Page France - Chariot - Everytime I listen to this song, I like it more. It builds beautifully, awash in tambourine and splinteringly adorable vocals. [from Hello, Dear Wind|buy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home