20080310

Listening Assignments 3.10.08


1. Port O'Brien - I Woke Up Today - Hey you! Yes, you. Stomp your feet, clap your hands, and yell til you're hoarse. I want to see hot, stinging redness on those hands. I want you to sprain your ankle from stomping. And I want you to like it. [from All We Could Do Was Sing (out 5.13)|info]

2. The Lionheart Brothers - I Burn Myself on You - She is the sun. She is very hot. She will burn you. She is apparently also 2 x 2, which is repeated numerous times. Ah who cares what the song is about. It's spirited and full of sunlight. [from Dizzy Kiss|buy]

3. Little Brother - Away From Me - If you have friends and you want them to like you, put this on for them. Act nonchalant, like this is the pristine kind of hip hop you listen to all the time. Like it ain't no thang. [from The Listening|buy]

4. Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good to You - I assure you this isn't Hall & Oates, despite the cheesy intro. Once these brothers start singing, you'll be glad you stayed. I think it would have been fun to be 25 when this kind of music was still being made. I might need to grow my afro out. [from Greatest Hits|buy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home