20080602

Listening Assignments 6.2.08


1. Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook - Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Tribal poundings + circling acoustic guitars + cooing and artfully-panned vocals = anticipation for June 23rd. [from Með suð i eyrum við spilum endalaust (out 6.23)|info]

2. Balmorhea - San Solomon - I keep trying to listen to this song and not be moved like a leaf on the water. I keep trying to hold my eyes open for its entirety. Alas, I cannot. [from Rivers Arms|buy]

3. The Do - Stay (Just a Little Bit More) - The strumming gives this away early. It's going to tug your lips into a smile. Adorable lyrics, whistles, violins, triangles, and ooohs? If this song was a girl, I'd propose. [from A Mouthful|buy]

4. The Avett Brothers - Murder in the City - This track is a hardened face, smoldering in the firelight. In my opinion, it's hard to beat a good folk song. Beautifully simple. [from The Second Gleam EP(out 7.22)|info]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home