20071219

2007 Odds and Ends


The year is coming to a close, the all-encompassing lists have been done (the big ones anyway), and planning for the new year has begun. A permanent chill has finally set in outside of my front window, my heating units finally working constantly to keep my apartment toasty.

With listing anything, especially something so expansive summing up an entire year, omissions will happen. I'm happy with my lists, but I'm kind of bummed I didn't throw in Blitzen Trapper for top songs or albums (it's at least #31-#50!). I forgot about Wesafari's awesome (and free) Moss Green EP when listing my top 5 EPs of 2007. The uniquely amazing Tom Brosseau merited nary a mention since March, though his fantastic folk album Cavalier was released in late October. Silly me. I'm sure there will be more, and I'll be happy to identify the goofs as soon as they come to my attention.

Listen:
Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows demo)
[buy In Rainbows]
Blitzen Trapper - Jericho (Wild Mountain Nation B-side)
[buy Wild Mountain Nation]
Wesafari - Magaz
[from Moss Green EP|download]
Tom Brosseau - My Heart Belongs to the Sea
[from Cavalier|buy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home