20080404

The Notwist


You know what? I'm not going to bullshit you. Before last week, I'd only heard of the Notwist, but never heard a note of their music (to my knowledge). And now I have heard it and enjoyed it enough to write about it here. But I'm not going to go to Wikipedia and their myspace page and download some of their (also great) old stuff, and act like I've been a fan forever and that I can't wait for this new record to drop. But I do look at it this way: I'm a pretty prolific listener of music and if I haven't heard something, no matter how "popular" or "cool" or "seminal" it is/was, that means someone else hasn't heard it either. And if they come here and click play and find a new band they could potentially love, then my job here is done.

So here it is.

Listen:
Good Lies
[from The Devil, You + Me|info]
Consequence
[from Neon Golden|buy]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you finally found the Notwist. Morr Music is one of my favorite labels and the Notwist one of my favorite bands.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home