20080703

Buffet Libre


Before this morning, I'd never heard of Buffet Libre. A small part of me wishes I still hadn't heard of it, because the intro audio/header plays every time you go to the page and there is no mute button to be found.

The larger part of me is grateful, however, because the e-mail informing me of the aforementioned site also informed me of a huge '80s cover project being undertaken there. The first part (18 tracks) was released July 1st and the remainder will be released September 1st, bringing the total to 58.

As a collection it's hit and miss, like anything else, but there are a few intriguing interpretations from some linesthroughlines faves I thought you might enjoy.

Listen:
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Another Satellite (XTC)
PYC - Summer of '69 (Bryan Adams)
Saint Bernadette - Owner Things (Yes vs. Howard Jones)
[from Rewind|stream or download a .zip of the whole thing here]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

run your mouse over the header to stop horrible music on buffet libre

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!

we are moving to a new server.

you can enter Rewind here: http://www.buffetlibredjs.net

very thanks!

marc

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home