20081020

Middle Finger

I'd also like to go on record and say thanks to Fileden for unceremoniously (and without justification or inquiry) deleting my account. I'm sure my $40 a month for the last two years were only a drop in the bucket, not nearly enough to make me a valued customer deserving of an explanation. It's kind of funny in a way how back asswards this whole system is because I've had my account suspended before, due to a record company e-mailing Fileden a takedown request over songs they had sent me to review (in addition to posting some Mariah Carey track, which never happened). Maybe that occurred again, but I'll likely never know. Hey guys! Free publicity here! If you're a record company and don't want people to like your music, you should try every way possible to prevent word-of-mouth promotion. This is a very bad thing, often resulting in things like "buzz", which in turn results in unpleasant things like "ticket sales" and "brand equity", the brand being the band of course.

This blog is about pushing things I enjoy, not putting down things I don't. I'm not besmirching your releases here. So have a little faith, make a little love, and step off your pedestal once in a while. I'm just a little guy trying to make a big difference.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid said...

That's preposterous. Yours is one of the best music blogs out there so please keep on keepin' on.

With love,
Ingrid

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dinner Belle said...

Absolutely ridiculous. What are your other options? Anything that wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the site? I hope so.

Keep us posted.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What plan on Fileden could you have possibly had to have paid $40/mo.? Their Diamond plan is only 19.99/mo? Im just curious.

8:06 PM  
Blogger drewcif said...

what's 19.99 times two?

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home