20061207

The Beautiful Jonatha Brooke



Jonatha Brooke and I go way back, she just doesn't know it. She was the inspiration for my first AIM screenname (JBrooke710) and one of the first artists I can remember having an active need to own their entire catalogue (I do.) Hands down one of the finest songwriters alive, a quintessential songwriter's songwriter, and a lightning rod in the world of female musicians. She even started her own record label, so she's about as indie as it gets. I found these stellar live recordings recently, so I'm putting those up-front. Then a few other must-listens I happen to have on the computer. Enjoy.

Listen:
New Dress [Live in Studio 4A, original on Steady Pull|buy]
So Much Mine [live in Studio 4A, original on The Angel in the House|buy]
The Angel in the House [from The Angel in the House|buy]
Back in the Circus [from Back in the Circus|buy]

[ed. note: Grace in Gravity, Steady Pull and Plumb are amazing and highly recommended albums, but my computer refuses to rip them for some reason.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Widdlesons said...

Is there any way to grab a copy of angel in the house from you? I used to have it on cassette, and can't find it anywhere.

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home