20070215

Brad(ley) Damas


Growing up, Brad Damas was known as Bradley, he was way shorter than most of the people in his class, had a huge smile at all times, and played basketball with reckless abandon. I know this because he is my good friend's little brother. I watched him do those things. We ate sloppy joes together a few times. Jumped on the trampoline outside. I had no idea (nor did he, probably) that he would grow and mature into a fantastic singer/songwriter like he has. Much taller too. It's all heart. His words and voice hit me like soft bullets of light and lift my spirit. This music is anti-gravity and I feel hard-pressed to keep my feet on the ground. But who would want to?

Listen:
I'll Wait - "This wasn't what I expected. It wasn't what I wanted. It might be what I needed..."
If I Had the Chance - "If you could only see how my bones grow weak near you..."
Wretched Soul - "These months have been long and hard on me, I fell to my knees and your feet..."
[from the EP|add him on myspace!]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I've been following your blog for a while now and that I think this guy's music is absolutely amazing. My favorite song is If I Had The Chance. Thank you so much for introducing me to him. :-)
-Molly

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home