20070317

A Tribute to Joni Mitchell


Joni Mitchell is definitely one of those timeless favorites of mine and many others, so when I heard about this tribute album coming out with a lot of other favorite artists, I was pretty curious. Most tribute/re-mix/etc albums are mostly forgettable, but when you're dealing with artists like Bjork, Elvis Costello, James Taylor, Sufjan Stevens, Emmylou Harris, Brad Mehldau, Prince, Sarah McLachlan, K.D. Lang, and Annie Lennox, I'm pretty sure it's can't-miss. This album rules. Seriously. I bet Sufjan feels like a badass to be included in that lot.

Listen:
Bjork - The Boho Dance
Sufjan Stevens - Free Man in Paris
[from A Tribute to Joni Mitchell (out 4.24)|buy]

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi - just an fyi, the other tribute album you're referring to (Death Cab For Cutie, My Morning Jacket) is a tribute to The Band and NOT a Joni trib.
Be Cool, Bob

9:17 AM  
Blogger xolondon said...

I love Sufjan but the cover is an insult. She's not just a lyricist, she's a melodicist and he rewrote the song completely. Utter crap.

Thanks for posting anyway!! Bjork did a good job on my favorite song.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home