20070719

The Heartbreak List


The Heartbreak List is upon you! Run for the hills! I think you'll find a healthy smattering of the usual sad bastard songs, the defiance and resilience, the bittersweet memories, the quiet acknowledgement of fact, and everything in between.

1. The Damnwells - Heartbreak List - "You're on the heartbreak list/you're on the payroll." [mp3]
2. Stars - Your Ex-Lover is Dead - "I'm not sorry I met you/I'm not sorry it's over/I'm not sorry, there's nothing to say."
3. John Mayer - Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - "This is the deep and dying breath of this love that we've been working on."
4. David Condos - I Should Be Lost Without You - "I've lost your touch and I need to feel."
5. Slow Runner - Streamlined - "Now loneliness is so refined, it's streamlined."
6. Owen - In the Morning, Before Work - "Thought I'd be singing a different tune by now/but this song about you keeps coming out."
7. Some By Sea - Look What I Made Without Your Heart Getting in the Way - "Goodbye to the stolen kiss and the lusting hand on the back of my neck."
8. Ben Folds Five - Smoke - "those who say the past is not dead can stop and smell the smoke."
9. Clem Snide - Collapse - "When it finally collapsed all you heard was the radio static."
10. Fink - All Cried Out - "A whole lot of lovin' for a handful of nothin'."
11. Jonny Lang - Breakin Me - "the first time my heart was ever touched was the day I lost your love."
12. Elliott Smith - the Biggest Lie - "everything that you do makes me wanna die/oh I just told the biggest lie."
13. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me - "I close my eyes/then I won't see/the love you don't feel/when you're holding me."
14. Madeleine Peyroux - Smile - "smile though your heart is aching/ smile even though it's breaking."
15. the Decemberists - Red Right Ankle - "whatever differences our lives have been/we together make a limb."
16. Ari Hest - Strangers Again - "long before we ever kissed/long before I ever missed you/I wish we were strangers again."
17. Peter Himmelman - Things to Say - "the telephone is useless when the threads begin to fray/it seems like we've grown short on things to say."
18. Red House Painters - Song For a Blue Guitar - "in a room/all I feel/is the cold that you left." [mp3]

[download all] (zip)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll Fly Solo is needed on that Heartbreaklist.

10:38 PM  
Blogger The God Of Biscuits said...

i was pretty sure i was the only person on the planet who likes "slow runner" and bonnie raitt is a genius. great job, i love me some bath time music.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i was wondering if you could reupload this again. i'm having a little trouble finding the songs to download, so if you could, please reupload them or just send it to my email: xviviannn@gmail.com

thank you :)

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home