20071115

I'm Wally's Backer



Wally De Backer (Gotye) is one talented mofo. Only 27, he just procured his first Australian ARIA award (like a Grammy) for Best Male Artist, got a new (since I last checked) website, and released a remix album. He's sitting on top (errr, the bottom) of the world. If only he'd tour the states. If only his stellar album was available here. I had to shell out $30 to buy one imported, a steep price for anyone not named Radiohead, but I was desperate. But you literally can't find it anywhere, not iTunes, not P2P or torrents, not other blogs (aside from the 2 or 3 officially released singles). I'm wondering if anyone outside of Australia actually has this stellar LP. So here's your taste. And a re-post of his best video. I'm trying to assemble a small army to kidnap him if he sets foot on American soil. You in?

Listen:
The Only Way
Thanks for Your Time
[from Like Drawing Blood|buy]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if that's not enough, he's releasing great stuff with The Basics at the same time! (I challenge you not to get Lookin' Over My Shoulder stuck in your head for the next year).

By the way, top video choice - I'm still cursing the fact I didn't get to tape this performance at the time it aired.

4:10 AM  
Blogger A Has Been That Never Was said...

This guy has an amazing grasp of an expansive style of music!

The "Mixed Blood" album just goes to show how many artists respect this guy.

Can't wait to see him at the Falls Festival later this year! He really lights up live!

I'm an Aussie so I'm lucky to see the guy and have access to the music easy. Here's hoping he tours nationally now that he's gotten a bit more limelight action.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jambled said...

He toured with The Basics recently in England. He's just freaking awesome. I interviewed him a few months ago for a music mag and he's a funny guy. Drawing Blood is absolutely amazing as well; and it looks like us Aussies can't keep him to ourselves for much longer.
Thanks for buying the album; it's nice for acts from Aus (er, or should that be 'the forgotten continent at the bottom of the map') to be recognised outside their own country.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home