20071112

Listening Assignments 11.12.07


1. The Clientele - Bookshop Casanova - It's nothing if not jangly. Violins sing alongside this '70s -style number from a band rapidly breaking their comparisons w/ the shins. I love the very ending. [from God Save the Clientele|buy]

2. Kings of Leon - Fans - His voice cracks and wheezes adorably. You want to bite your lip and bob your head. You know you do. [from Because of the Times|buy]

3. Sam Sparro - Black & Gold - Sam's got soul hottness to spare. He sweats in style, dripping from his chin onto tiny paper synthesizers. It brings them to life. [from Because of the Times|myspace]

4. Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life (live) - Sweetest Bright Eyes song ever. Just hold me. [from I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning|buy]

[here's what I wrote about a calendar year ago.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home