20080418

Vertigo Via Vetiver


Hey Vetiver, I saw you last year @ the Boot and I thought you were pretty rad. A few of you had beards and I spied at least one snap-button vintage cowboy shirt amongst you. You exuded a cool that was nonchalant and disarming. You enabled me to sip my locally brewed beer in the most blissful state of ease and nostalgic warmth. Now, listening to your 2006 essential To Find Me Gone, I can't help but reminisce.

Your breath fills the room, seeping into the pores of the walls and cracks in floors, through holes in doors. The steady hum of musical undercurrent is like a swaying pocketwatch and you're counting down from 10. 9. 8. I'm getting very comfortably sleepy. 7. 6. 5. My memories are 8mm film reels projected on the wall, grainy and desaturated. 4. 3. I'm flying over a gigantic field of dandelions. 2. Eyelids are nature's blinds. 1. Sleep is death's more attractive younger cousin.

Listen:
Been So Long
Double
[from To Find Me Gone|buy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home