20080505

Listening Assignments 5.5.08


1. The Lodger - The Good Old Days - The sun'll come out tomorrow. Betcher bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be su...wait, it's already here? I'll be outside if you need me. [from Life is Sweet (out 5.27)|buy]

2. Frightened Rabbit - Keep Yourself Warm - I'm not sure if this song is profound or profane and I'm not sure I care which anyway. It's pretty moving either way. [from The Midnight Organ Fight|buy]

3. Coldplay - Violet Hill - Kudos to CP for giving away their first single for free instead of going the iTunes route. Coincidentally, I like this track a lot. The piano is refreshingly low until it's actually needed in the final stanza. [from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (out 6.17)|buy]

4. Sam Cooke - Nothing Can Change This Love - This song has appeared here as part of the "Oh, It Is Love" mix, but never as an mp3 or on its own. I just can't imagine a song that puts this kind of bombastic love in a better perspective. [from One Night Stand: Live at the Harlem Square Club|buy]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lordy, I love that Frightened Rabbit track. Well done.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Titulo De La Entrada said...

Great reaading your blog

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home