20081104

Vote 08


"Today is the day to act like today is your day and you will be surprised that it is, that it is." - Apollo Sunshine

The way I see it, a change is going to come either way. I'm not about to get political on this music blog but I will say this: I truly believe both candidates desire the best for this country. That and I'm incredibly enthused to not have to listen to any more of this B.S. for another few months. I'm tired of slur campaigns, demonizing, subversive political organizations, and muckraking. Tired of age jokes and hunting jokes and black jokes. I'm glad it's all about to be over.

Listen:
The Postal Service - Suddenly Everything Has Changed
[from The District Sleeps Alone Tonight EP|buy]
Number One Fan - Nothing Will Change
[from Compromises|buy]

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lolz your sm@rtz at p0l!t!cz

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw this kid playing at the icelandic airwaves festival and everybody should just blounce it louder!
myspace.com/matiastellez

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Apollo Sunshine reference :D

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jolson said...

"I truly believe both candidates desire the best for this country."

Yes! Thank you for acknowledging something so few people can. I fantasize about a day when an election is less of an us vs. them competition between two halves of a nation, and more of a legitimate effort to better a nation.

In the meantime, I can be satisfied knowing someone else shares that dream.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home