20060831

The Last Kiss



I'm not sure what I honestly think about this soundtrack yet. The reason being that it's a Zach Braff movie and this album plays like Garden State:b, which frankly annoys the heck out of me. The crown jewel of "oh pleeease" is the inclusion of Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek. Following her Garden State coming out party, she's been somewhat of a soundtrack darling, singing the closing song in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe as well as Hide and Seek during the season two finale of The OC. I'm not trying to take away from her talent or her trademark sound, but once you've heard her in a movie, it just sounds cliche everytime after that. Hide and Seek has been out well over a year, been way over-exposed as it is. And now it's on this soundtrack. Just shoot me. (That being said, amazing song if you haven't heard it already.)

There are some highlights, which I'll highlight here. A catchy, jumpy ditty from Turin Brakes with a really stellar chorus; a shimmery track from Athlete which sounds SO much like Badly Drawn Boy on the About a Boy soundtrack, it literally hurts me...but I liked that soundtrack, so...this song makes the grade. And last, but certainly not least, another tiptop offering from Ray LaMontagne, my current guilty pleasure.

Listen:
Turin Brakes - Pain Killer
Athlete - El Salvador
Ray LaMontagne - Hold You In My arms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home