20070319

Colorful Listening Assignments 3.19


1. The Juliana Theory - White Days - This band has always gotten a ton of flack from "the scene" for being "too poppy", "selling out" to Epic Records with this 2003 album Love. And yes, their lead singer is a complete douchebag, which I can confirm because I was the stage manager at a show they headlined. Good Lord, what a d*ckhole. Regardless, I loved this album (ok ok, pun intended) and it's basically what would have occurred if U2 and Journey had managed to procreate. [from Love|buy]

2. Shearwater - Red Sea, Black Sea - Shearwater is the missing link between Jefferson Airplane and the new Arcade Fire record. Trust me, this is a good thing. [from Palo Santo|buy]

3. Wheat - Little White Dove - If you've been paying attention, you might have noticed that I like Wheat. I can now announce that this song has been cleared for download by those suffering from Celiac desease. I love their sound, his voice, the grain in general... [from That's Exactly What I Wanted...Exactly That|buy]

4. Jaymay - Gray or Blue - This was a late addition, but Skye Zentz rec'd it and it had colors in the title (the theme of this week's assignments obviously), and it's really grand. A pleasant strumming acoustic track with shaker and cooing background vox. [from Sea Green, See Blue|buy]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home